THE FOLLOW EVENTS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR BY THE QCHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE EVENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH MIGHT ARISE. ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT MORE EVENTS WILL BE ADDED OVER THE FOLLOWING MONTHS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT / MR. BRENT SMEENK, AT email@example.com, or 613-968-7870 ext.242. (See recommendations below)
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING KEY FOR THE TIMES OF CLASS PERIODS AT QCHS
MONDAYS AND FRIDAYS:
Assembly = 9:00 – 9:20
1st Period = 9:25 – 10:35
2nd Period = 10:40 – 11:50
Lunch = 11:50 – 12:40
3rd Period = 12:45 – 1:55
4th Period = 2:00 – 3:10
TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS
1st Period = 9:00 – 10:20
2nd Period = 10:25 – 11:40
Lunch = 11:40 – 12:30
3rd Period = 12:35 – 1:50
4th Period = 1:55 – 3:10
UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE RESEARCH RECOMMENDATIONS
- Check out a school’s website prior to attending the information session. This will allow you to come prepared with specific questions, and get more out of the presentation.
- Come to an information session with an open mind, ready to learn. You might walk away interested, or not interested. Both are valuable outcomes, because you are more equipped to know your options, and make educated choices.
- Use grade 11 as a key year to research your options, and if possible, create a short list of potential schools. This will be a huge help to you in your busy grade 12 year.
- Whenever you are seriously considering a university or college, visit the school. You will learn much more when you visit. It can be a huge help in making a decision. Most schools have scheduled tour days and open houses. However, in many cases, you can also set up your own individual tours by contacting the school. Contact their recruiting, admissions, or liaison departments.
- May God bless you with wisdom and guidance as you consider life after high school!